Saturday, September 12, 2009

It's Been A While

That title is a nod to the song by Staind which I felt compelled to listen to. So I am. I love technology for that reason... I can do whatever I like (almost).

Anyway, I got a lot of writing done today, which was wonderful. I worked an 8 hour shift at The Hut (Uniform Outlet) and though it was a long day I couldn't help but remember how lucky I am to be employed. So many people would kill for my job- its easy, comfortable, and ... temporary. Okay, they wouldn't kill for that part. The Uniform Outlet will be closing in January, which is eerily perfect because I would have had to quit anyway because come spring I will be doing a partial internship, i.e. going to an elementary school every morning of the week. I am excited for that.

I am still torn about getting my masters degree. I fear if I don't do it now, I will never be able to. Everyone says it doesn't matter, and yet I hear that it does. I just want to work and make money and be stable for a little while. I feel like every place I have lived for the past 5 years has been temporary. I am lucky though in that respect too because its just different places in the same general area, which different but awesome people.

Tomorrow I will post an excerpt from my book. It's really coming along, and moving in a direction that I didn't anticipate. Its cliche I know, but its almost like its directing me.

No comments:

Post a Comment