Tuesday, February 26, 2013

Texas 1

30 Days of rest starts today.

It's 11:37 am. I'm in my new (temporary) home in Texas. We will be at Corey's dad's until August. It's such a cozy house. Katniss greeted me last night with the enthusiasm I expected. It still warms my hear to see her. There is no love like the love one feels for a dog.

Tyler and I decided to make the drive in one fell swoop. I was glad not to have to bother with a hotel. He was wonderful and did a lot of the driving. I made myself close my eyes and listen to my iPod. Really, truly listen- something I haven't done in a very long time. Death Cab for Cutie aided my mediation. I found myself repeating the following phrase- "Allow yourself to listen". I am so vigilant when Corey drives. I would never close my eyes. I barely trust any other drivers at all. The drive to Texas was mostly free of traffic, so I didn't feel the usual car-induced tension that prohibits me from relaxing.

So I listened to my music and closed my eyes and let it wash over me, let it wash away my sanity (Hilary Duff reference?)

Today I plan to catch up on homework, be with my boyfriend, and work on my novel. I helped Mindy pick out shoes on the internet and needled her to go get her hair professionally "relaxed" because change is fun and I already changed my own hair once this week. There is a possibility of Pizza Rolls in my immediate future. Nourish the body, nourish the soul.

That's it. That is absolutely it.

Up Next: An Update of Tour of My Homes. Which place will it be next??!! (Chronologically, there's only one answer to this question).

Photo of the Day: I thought this one would be appropriate, a way to pay homage to my move.

No comments:

Post a Comment