Monday, March 8, 2010

Oh right...

Oh! I actually have time to write more than half a sentence. Special, special day.

I've been noticing a trend in myself lately. Every time I sit down for more than five seconds in a comfortable position, I instantly want to fall asleep. Josh says it is because I never stop moving. I might have to agree with him on that one. The second I stop panicking and/or obsessively straightening and organizing things that don't even belong to me (sorry in advance, Jessica, but I am about a heartbeat away from giving away half of Tristan's old clothes that don't fit him. Today I nearly strangled him by trying to fit him into a 6 months-sized shirt... or is that my bad for not reading the label?).
Anyway, I have a lot of nervous energy and I don't know why. I guess its because I have been so ridiculously busy lately. It seems like ever since I started working again I have been on the brink of poverty. I have given up on the idea that I am going to save money. It is not going to happen on my 100 dollar-a-week salary. Ugh.
The amount of time I spend worrying about money is out of control. It's as if I think the cogs in my brain can create cash if they turn fast enough. I think I should just... stop. Not stop being careful, but stop...whats that word again?... panicking. Easier said than done.
I am in a weird place right now with this whole.... exercise.. thing. On the one hand, I am bitter as all get out because every time I eat an english muffin I gain a pound. On the other hand, If I don't eat enough bread I get heartburn that hurts quite, quite badly. I don't know what this has to do with exercise at all, actually. I want to... do more.. but where is the time? I am too busy being narcoleptic and falling asleep twenty seconds after I sit down. And Lord knows I can't take any time away from blogging...

On the plus side, I bought four movies today from Blockbuster for a total of twenty dollars (what was that about stressing about money?)
Logic behind my choices:
1. 17 again- obvious why I bought this. I want to do sick nasty things to Zack Efron. Step aside, 'nessa huds....
2. I Love You Man- tackles the interesting and complex subject of making friends, especially apropo for adult males who don't really know how to go about making new friends that are also male (Paul Rudd, you make it look so easy. Acting, not making friends. I think we've established that you struggle to make friends in this move.)
3. Nick and Norah's Infinite Playlist- I mostly bought this for the awkward scene at the end where Nick does inappropriate things to Norah in a record studio whilst the sound equipment starts creepin' on them. Don't know what I am talking about? Call me for a viewing session. Spoiler alert: Nick does inappropriate things to Norah in a record studio at the end of the movie whilst the sound equipment starts creepin'.
4. House Bunny- It's hilarious.

So today was a good day for movie selection. I can't wait to make everyone in my life watch 17 Again. I think I am really getting used to this "Spring Break" thing. It's already Monday night! I want it to still be Saturday. I want to wake up everyday and do outdoor activities in beautiful weather and eat delicious food and worry about nothing.

However, I do have a midterm glogster to tackle. Only in my college do we do "glogsters" (online scrapbook pages/posters) for midterms. Basically we still have four midterm questios to answer, but we get to do it with colored fonts and photographic backgrounds that feature long-haired girls sulking and listening to ipods. Hooray, art!

Tristan's coming towards me with his Bob the Builder ball. It's playtime.




No comments:

Post a Comment