Wednesday, March 17, 2010

Orientation

Today was a good day. Nay, a great day. St. Patrick's day proved to be a very profitable holiday. That is, if you are into green-colored food prepared by the generous parents of second graders. We sent home a note that encouraged parents to send in finger foods, if they could. We received a feast, including but not limited to: pickles, broccoli, individually bagged pieces of honey dew melon, brownie cup cakes, cupcakes sans brownies, cookies, whole apples?, and the list goes on.
It was a good time for all parties involved. The kids were wacko, but that'll happen.

Anyway, I am doing my USC orientation right now. I spent three hours napping, four hours cleaning and watching the office and wasting time, and now I am not ready for bed. Why do I feel the compulsion to online shop? JUST SAY NO. I am having to re-learn how to handle money. God is granting me a favor with my tax return... it'll be enough to pay off my credit card debt (I specify credit card debt, because that is just one sector of my admirable debt collection). Anyway, I just need to be a good girl if I have any hope of being financially successful in the future. Here's to... trying :)


No comments:

Post a Comment