Monday, March 4, 2013

Texas 6

Today I woke up late. "That moment when I look at my cell phone and feel instantly stressed"...

... despite having no where to be.

So anyway, I woke up at 11:30 and my anxiety was sky high all day. I looked for jobs and panicked about my life and wondered if I should have just went forward with nursing despite hating people's fluids and and....

I applied for jobs as a technical writer, and I feel good about that direction, though I don't plan on starting to work for a while. This would just be a job to get me financially going while I continue to question everything in my life. If I had it my way I wouldn't start working until around March 30. Realistically I probably wont be able to get a job by then anyway, since I am applying outside of my "field of expertise".

I just don't feel right today. A little sad. Not homesick, at least. I think the problem is I feel as though I have nothing to offer the professional world. That's silly, and I need to stop thinking that way and get my tush into a therapist's chair.

Today was also day 1 of my cooking "thing", where I "cook things". For my first creation, I made potato and spinach casserole. It's baking in the oven right now. I have high hopes for it.

Cool onion and garlic in olive oil or pam. Add salt, black pepper, cayenne pepper, and jalepeno until it becomes aromatic.

Add thinly sliced potatoes to the bottom of an 8 inch baking square pan. Put newly made onion-seasoning mix on top. Add 10 oz of drained, cooked spinach and 1/2 cup (or however much you want) of shredded cheese; preferably Monterey jack,  but I used sharp cheddar because I'm feeling dull (haha).

Add more thinly sliced potatoes on top of the cheese. Pour 2/3 of a cup of vegetable broth over the top and add the rest of the onion-seasoning concoction to the top. Cover with tinfoil and bake the situation for an hour. Uncover the foil and bake for 15 more minutes.

Voila!

Picture of the day: Me and Sterling in Jamaica.
Up Next: This is becoming laughable. I don't know what is up next.

No comments:

Post a Comment